- Find a stationary bike, tread mill, rowing machine. Get on and do a slow gradual start for about 10 minutes.
- Stand in a forehand position and swing a forehand swing 50 times. Start with a shorter stroke, thinking of perfect form and work your way up to a full body swing.
- Stand in a backhand position and swing a backhand swing 50 times. Start with a shorter stroke, thinking of perfect form and work your way up to a full body swing.
- Stretches: Find a quiet place and stretch biceps, triceps, calves, hamstrings, groins. Every part of your body that you’ ll need to stroke and run.
On the Court:
Develop a warm up plan that you use consistently – every time you warm up for a match.
- Stand behind the short line close to the side wall. Hit 10 – 20 forehands down the wall. Concentrate on hitting the ball flat and using a complete stroke.
- Stand midway from the short line to the back wall. Hit 10-20 forehands down the side wall. Concentrate as in #1.
- Feed yourself balls off the back wall and hit your forehand down the wall, 10 – 20 times.
- Feed yourself balls off the back wall and hit your forehand pinch.
- Practice ceiling balls down the wall until you feel you can hit them with accuracy. Concentrate on full strokes and correct velocity. Switch sides with your opponent and do the same sequence on your backhand side.
- If you have the court to yourself, practice a pinch shot drill before you start the match.
- If you have the court to yourself, practice your drive serve and lob until you feel comfortable.