Both clubs will be open from 7:00 am-2:00 pm on the 4th of July, but there will be no classes. Enjoy!
Summer will be in full swing by the time this next session starts, and school gets out this week, so if you’re looking for something to do with the kids, consider Swim Lessons! We are offering additional times in the Morning, afternoon and evening on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so take a look at our expanded classes.
Additionally, we are still running our swim lesson raffle! Just come into family swim 3x throughout the month of June and turn your completed family swim pass to the front desk. They’ll have you fill out an entry form and you’ll be entered in a raffle to win a free round of swim lessons! It’s worthwhile if your kids are in the pool for lessons, and gives the whole family an opportunity to enjoy the pool.
June 25 – July 18th (4 weeks/7Lessons)
Call (360) 676-1800 to sign up!
Press here for current Swim Lessons Schedule details and pricing.
Press here to go to the Aquatic Page.
by Mike Locke, Fitness Director
1. Reduce overuse injuries. The repetitive stress of intense, specialized training contributes to overuse injuries. Depending on water depth, aquatic training can reduce impact up to 85%, resulting in less stress and reducing the likelihood of injury.
2. Supplement land training. Many land moves can be mimicked in water, and clients can practice movement patterns without worrying about impact. Shallow water is beneficial for vertical jump training, transitional depths are good for racquet sports training, and deep water is valuable for long-distance training.
3. Add variety or overcome training plateaus. Water provides resistance in multiple planes of movement, allowing for new types of overload. Working in a different environment reduces boredom and adds fresh challenges.
4. Increase muscle strength. Cardiovascular and muscle endurance training can occur concurrently in the water. Correct training techniques and equipment make it possible to build strength.
5. Supplement speed and sports training. Coaches can teach sport-specific moves in the water. Aquatic training improves core muscle recruitment to stabilize the body against the water’s forces.
6. Facilitate post-workout recovery. The hydrostatic pressure from immersion increases circulation, reduces swelling, and enhances recovery. Water training provides a comfortable environment for active-rest workouts.
Our Gentle Yoga class is a gentle approach to learning the yoga postures using props and careful alignment/adjustments for each student. We welcome all who are healthy and injury free. Gentle Yoga is offered Mondays at 9:30 am or 4:15 pm at our downtown location or check out our Group Exercise Schedule for other Yoga classes.
Junior Racquetball Camp will take place August 5-9. The camp is taught by Professional Instructor, Wanda Collins. This year we’ll have special guests: BAC Junior players who have represented the State at Junior Nationals. The camp consists of: Racquetball basics including strokes, serves, off the back wall shots, game strategy, foot drills, speed and agility exercises, camp shirts and mini tournament on Friday.
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Monday – Friday
Intermediate & Advances Camp
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Monday – Friday
$125 for members
$140 for non-members
$10 off for siblings
Registration deadline is July 25th
Contact Wanda Collins (email@example.com) for more information.
It’s not too early to be thinking about fun summer activities for your kids! BAC Active Achievers Summer Camp encourages playful and fun activities, sports-related opportunities, and promotes cooperative socialization that aims to bloom new friendships while creating unforgettable summer memories. Camp will incorporate a variety of games, crafts, team building, trips to Park Bowl and Trampoline Zone, swimming, special guest appearances from local Bellingham Bells Baseball players, decorating provided camp t-shirts and much more!
Sign up at the Cordata Front Desk. Payment is due at time of sign up.
When: July 8-12
TIME: 9:00AM- 4:30PM
COST: $185 BAC Members
$40 discount for siblings