Bellingham Athletic Club childcare offers 2-hours per day in the Kids Club. While members are using the BAC facility we provide care for children 6 weeks to 10 years old.
The BAC Kids Club is based on a concern for the developmental needs of each child. We are committed to nurturing individual growth of the whole child – physical, social, emotional, and intellectual. Every effort is made to keep parents informed about what happens at Kids Club concerning their child and we appreciate receiving information about the child’s activities and progress while at home. The stronger the communication between home and center, the better the experience for both the child and the parent.
For additional information on Kids Programs contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-676-1800.
Your child should get some exercise too! This orientation is free and available to any members ages 9 and up. Your child will learn the rules of BAC, the proper way to use the cardio equipment, and a mini racquetball lesson. This program will enable your child to use approved equipment except the weight room. Call for an appointment.
Imagine the fun of camping without having to worry about the rain or mosquitoes! You choose the schedule and activities. Plan your next group’s overnight at BAC!
Schedule your child’s next birthday party at BAC! We take care of everything from scheduling activities to decorating and cleaning up! Your child picks the activities (anything from party games to dodgeball! ). Available Saturday and Sunday from 1:30-4:00 pm and 4:30-7:00 pm or Friday and Saturday 9:00 pm-12:00 am. Cost is $200 for members and $240 for non-members. Price includes 1-10 Kids and 4 adults (does not include the birthday parents). $5 for additional children and $8 for additional adults. This Birthday Form must be filled out and turned in before birthday party dates can be reserved.
Friday Night Out
Drop off your 6m to 11-year-olds at the club at 5:30 pm on Friday night. They will enjoy an evening of games, swimming, a movie, and snacks while you enjoy…we’ll let your mind wander! This program goes until 9:30 pm and cost varies by age/membership status.
An age-appropriate class exploring all types of sports, health, and fun and games to broaden your home scholar’s horizons and encourage him or her to love being healthy. This program runs during the regular school year and not during the summer months. Offered Wednesday’s 3:00-4:00 p.m during school year.
BAC offers the best in junior racquetball with lessons for all ability levels between the ages of 8 to 12. We emphasize fun and good sportsmanship as well as skill improvement. Classes for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players.
This program is available on Friday or Saturday nights from 9:00 pm until midnight. You choose the schedule. This program is great for birthday parties or group gatherings.
Swim Lessons/Swim Team
BAC offers swim lessons for children 6 months old and up! We also offer swim team for kids who are “aquatically advanced.” Enroll your child and give him or her the skills to be water safe for a lifetime of aquatic enjoyment.
Kids Club Hours
Monday: 9:00AM-1:00PM & 4:00PM-7:30PM
Tuesday: 9:00AM-1:00PM & 4:00PM-7:30PM
Wednesday: 9:00AM-1:00PM & 4:00PM-7:30PM
Thursday: 9:00AM-1:00PM & 4:00PM-7:30PM
Friday: 9:00AM-1:00PM & 4:00PM-7:30PM
Sunday – 9:00AM-1:00PM
Kids Club Spring Hours
Effective whenever the club reopens
Monday: 8:45AM-1:00PM & 3:30PM-7:30PM
Tuesday: 8:45AM-1:00PM & 3:30PM-7:30PM
Wednesday: 8:45AM-1:00PM & 3:30PM-7:30PM
Thursday: 8:45AM-1:00PM & 3:30PM-7:30PM
Friday: 8:45AM-1:00PM & 3:30PM-7:30PM
Sunday – 8:45AM-1:00PM
Who We Are
Bellingham Athletic Club childcare offers 2 hours per day in the Kids Club. While members are using the BAC facility we provide care for children 6 weeks to 10 years old. Each Kids Club staff member has been chosen very carefully. All have experience or education working with young children. Washington State Patrol background checks are required for all staff and references are carefully checked. All Kids Club personnel are CPR certified.
The BAC Kids Club is based on a concern for the developmental needs of each child. We are committed to nurturing individual growth of the whole child – physical, social, emotional, and intellectual. Every effort is made to keep parents informed about what happens at Kids Club concerning their child and we appreciate receiving information about the child’s activities and progress while at home. The stronger the communication between home and center, the better experience for both the child and the parent. We also encourage all parents to look into some of our other kids programs. It is our priority to provide the widest range of activities for all age levels.
Upon arrival, sign your child in; enter the time and where you will be at the club. If you would like your child to participate in a program ($2-5 per program hour will be charged to your account at the end to the month) please check the program box. If your child is included on your membership please check the member box. The same person who dropped them off, unless indicated otherwise, must pick up children. Parents must remain on the premises unless their child is participating in a structured program. If an emergency should occur we need to be able to locate you. Kids Club is intended and equipped for short-term care only, with a maximum length stay limited to two hours.
Leaving Your Child
If your child experiences separation anxiety, we recommend you first come in for a short afternoon session to become acquainted with the staff and the new environment. We know it is difficult parting from your child when he is experiencing separation anxiety. If you maintain a positive attitude and give your child a quick hug and a kiss, it projects to the child a good sense of security. Staying when your child starts to fuss or leaving several times and then returning only makes the parting more difficult and confusing for your child and reinforces that behavior. We will let you know if your child continues to cry.
To properly staff at the Kids Club, reservations for children under the age of two are required. Infant hours are limited so be sure to call prior to arriving at the club. You may make reservations a week in advance. Drop ins and last minute or those who don’t show up reservations will be charged an hourly fee of $5 per child.
Please label diaper bags with the child’s name or we will do so for you. Provide diapers and wipes for your child. Due to the short period of time children are in Kids Club, we will only change poopie diapers. Please change your child prior to arriving at Kids Club. Be sure to let us know if your child is potty training or has any special needs. We will do our best to help out.
Health & Safety
Absolutely no sick children will be accepted for the protection of other children and the staff. Children will not be permitted if any of the following symptoms are present: Deep thick cough, coughing or sneezing along with green or yellow nose discharge, sore throat, red runny eyes (possibly Conjunctivitis), Diarrhea, unhealed Chickenpox lesions, undiagnosed rash or Lice. If your child has been sent home or stays home from school due to illness, they cannot be accepted into Kids Club. If your child becomes ill while in our care, you will be contacted and expected to pick up the child as soon as possible.
Hourly rates for children age 6 weeks to 10 years of age is $5. Your child may be added to your membership for $25 per month. This allows your child to stay in Kids Club for up to two hours an unlimited amount of days during the month for no additional charge. Or you may purchase a Kid Pass, good for any 5 visits within the year, and purchase more Kid Passes as needed. Most structured Kids Club programs for children under the age of ten years old are $2-5 per hour. Please remember that there is a two hour stay limit in our Kids Club, if your child is not picked up with in two hours you will be charged a late fee of $3 every 15 minutes.
Kids Club Policies
- You are required to fill out all necessary forms prior to your child’s first visit.
- You must remain on the premises while your child is in Kids Club.
- You must sign your child into Kids Club upon arrival and sign them out when leaving.
- An adult must accompany your child during the trips to and from Kids Club.
- Unsupervised play in Kids Club is prohibited–an attendant must be present in Kids Club for members or kids to be in Kids Club.
- Children must be at least 6 weeks old in order to attend Kids Club.
- Kids can get their Junior Orientation at the age of 9. Kids with orientation may be asked to leave Kids Club if they do not listen or it is busy.
- Children from age 6-weeks to 2-years old must have a reservation to attend Kids Club.
- There is a 2-hour limit per stay for any child in Kids Club. A late fee of $5 per child will be charged to your account for any extra time your child spends in Kids Club beyond 2 hours (at the half-hour mark).
- If your child is present past closing, there will be a charge. 15 minutes past closing is a $5 charge per child. 30 minutes past closing is a $10 charge per child.
- All charges must be satisfied at the end of your child’s visit or they will be charged to your account.
- We use the “time-out” method for discipline. If your child continues to misbehave or cry excessively, you will be paged and asked to pick up your child.
- Only healthy kids are allowed in Kids Club. If your child shows signs of illness, you will be asked to pick them up from Kids Club.
- Food and drink are not allowed in Kids Club (with exception of bottles).
- Other than the electronics provided in Kids Club, no outside electronics are allowed.
- Children must be at least 6-years old in order to play the wii.
- A junior is any member 15 and younger.
- Juniors 10 and under must be checked into the Kids Club while their parents are working out. The may play in Kids Cub or use the REC Center during Kids Club hours. A parent may bring their junior to the gym during open gym time or to the pool during family swim time. Juniors 6 and under must pass a swim test to use the pool without a parent in the pool with them during family swim time.
- Juniors may use the REC Center during Kids Club hours, Gym during Open Gym time and the Pool during Family Swim time supervised or unsupervised with a Junior Orientation Card. Juniors 6 and under must pass a swim test to use the pool without parental supervision during family swim.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult on the premises.
- The Downtown club is for members over 16 only.
- Juniors must change in the family locker rooms located off the pool.
Juniors between the ages of 9 to 15 years must complete several orientation sessions during their quest to become an independent member of BAC. During the initial orientation juniors will receive a laminated card which they must wear when using the club. Juniors and their parents are required to sign a usage agreement and behavior contract. Juniors are taken through and introduced to each part of BAC and its rules and regulations. They will also learn how to use their Junior Orientation (JO) Card.
Once the JO Card has been issued more orientation sessions need to be completed. Each child must attend three sessions each of Cardio and Racquetball. After completion in each area the child will receive a sticker for their JO Card which indicates the child can use that area without staff supervision. For the Weights area, each child 13 years and older must complete a specialized weight program and be able to demonstrate responsibility and knowledge of the weight area to be able to use the fitness floor without staff supervision.
The goal of this program is to create a safe and enjoyable exercise environment for all our members. If you have any questions, please contact BAC at 676-1800.