by Mike Locke, Fitness Director
No one really could have imagined what we all have been experiencing with the COVID-19 virus over the last 8-weeks. During this time of being at home, many of us are working from home, and others are teaching their children from home. It’s been a stressful time for us all. Hopefully, you have found some positive ways to cope with the stress associated with everything that is happening.
- If you are not, the CDC has a few recommendations to help you.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Virtually communicate with your loved ones and friends.
The CDC has a number of other resources that you may take advantage of covering a host of different topics. You can access them by going on their website.
The staff at BAC looks forward to having you back at the clubs real soon. In the meantime, please let us know if we can assist you in any way! We would be happy to help. Stay safe and we will see you soon!