Benefits of Foam Rolling:
- Improves flexibility for a short duration but when done on a regular basis improves long-term flexibility.
- Improves range of motion.
- Evidence to suggest assists in post-activity recovery to reduce muscle tissue soreness.
- Duration should be 20-30 seconds per muscle group for 3-5 sets.
- Frequency should be 3-5 times per week performed on a consistent basis to achieve and maintain long-term results.
- Can be performed prior to activity, during activity, or after activity.